Registering in paid-to-click sites or PTC sites is one of the easiest ways to earn money. It is really cool that you can get paid for what you really do on the internet. The phrase 'get paid to surf the internet' looks really great, but is it really great?
Unfortunately, the answer is 'No'. Because, it is much difficult to find out a good site among hundreds of scam sites out there and even if you find one, unless you have a couple of hundred referrals, you cannot earn some money that you can call as 'earning'.
So, how to find out if a PTC site is a scam or a good one?
There are five important questions which you have to ask to find out the truth.
1.Is it too good to be true?
No one can run a business without a reasonable profit and the offers that claim to give a lot to you actually take a lot from you and disappear.
2. How much variety is there in the type of ads shown and what is the number of sites that advertise in the paid-to-click site that you have signed up for?
If a PTC site is struggling hard to get advertisers and show only self serving ads, then it is doubtful that the site can pay you in the time it has promised.
3. How is the feedback of public?
Most of the members post the issues about PTC sites in forums and hence you can easily find out where the site stands. Do a Google search with the phrase '[sitename] + scam'.. If it is really scam, then the first page of the search results is enough to show it out.
If the site itself has a forum, it is a bit trustworthy. Go there and check the posts.
4. Do the FAQ and 'Terms of service' clear enough?
This is important for two reasons. Most of the PTC sites use the same script for their sites. If the site is scam, then site owner may not really care to edit the FAQ section and leave it with the default content. The default content may show a wrong minimum payout value or something else.
Second reason is, most of the sites hide their minus points inside the 'Terms of service'. For example, it may say that when $100 is paid out, a $25 commission will be deducted.
5. How good and stable is the site?
A good PTC site will have its own paid domain and will not be hosted in a subdomain or a free domain like co.nr, .tk etc. The site should be always up, should do a really good spam check, should be easy to navigate and make people comfortable to browse. If it does this all, then it means that the site owner has made a good investment on the site and should have enough money to pay its members.
Lastly, remember that PTC sites cannot make you rich. They can only give you some pocket money for some online purchases. But if you are really sincere and smart, you can make something higher.
More Ways To Find Legitimate PTC Sites
1. Read the forums first. A lot of the posts are made by the creators themselves so please take time to read them. If they do not have any, then how will you know if they really pay?
2. Find out who runs the site. Known scammer site owner simply just create a new one once the last one has closed down.
3. Find out how long the site has been running. Remember that they do not have any products to sell other than clicking their self advertisements. If it is too "old", it will soon close down. If it is too "young" it might not grow old at all.
4. Read the TOS (Terms of Service), especially on the getting paid part.
5. It is better to find real referral than buying bots. It is free.
Getting referrals is your form of investment. Either you buy or refer others. You could also advertise the site to get your referrals.
How do someone earn through PTC sites?
There are simply no guarantees when it comes to this type of sites, but one can follow the following steps:
Here are several methods how to earn in PTC sites, and it does not include solo clicking because if you do, you would end up clicking and clicking and clicking but not get paid at all.
If you do not have cash to spare or too afraid to invest, try the following:
1. Be a downline. It does not sound too good but this could be your first step. Find a good upline that would pay you back for your clicks. You will be able to earn faster if you could negotiate to be a referral on most (if not all) PTCs your upline has. You can then negotiate to your upline to combine your earnings and be paid. This is a lot faster than waiting a month or more to get to the minimum payout for a single PTC.
2. Advertise the site. Post your referral link to forums. It's free.
3. Refer real people or friends. This option, however, might make you the escape goat if you and your friends got scammed.
If you have cash to spare, you can do any or all of the following:
4. Rent/Buy referrals. This is of course a gamble. You might end up wasting money on inactive referrals or end up buying referrals again and again only to lose all you investments. Be strict on your budget.
5. Buy advertisement on other PTCs either by banners, links, or paid to sign ups. This is little cheaper than buying referrals but with less yield.
6. Referral cash back program. Offer money to people who would want to be your referral, and pay them.
Hope the above tips will be of great use to your quest to make money online through ptc sites.